Thursday, October 13, 2011

My life is my ultimate masterpeice!!

Have you ever been in a funk? One that seems to never go away for too long, before suddenly creeping back up and destroying more of your life? This is how I felt for years.

The thing I wasn't realizing is...well... a lot of things. One of them being, the people that I love, and who love me, were getting sick of hearing all the negatives in my life. So, I slowly started doing things differently.

I realized that for one thing, sitting and watching TV (especially the news), was a waste of time! The news was seriously having a negative effect of me. It made me depressed, and VERY pissed off. The politics and the crime made me view the world in a different light. It made me worried about everything, that had nothing to do with me or my life, and where it was headed. 

Guess what though, I don't have control over any of that. It's going to keep happening no matter how disgusted, or angry I get.

Once I realized how unproductive I was being, I decided to start doing some of the things I used to do; things that make me happy, proud, and productive in my life!! I started painting, drawing, and for the first time I started experimenting with photography.

There are so many reasons why I love art, one being that the artist gets to decide how things are portrayed. Another reason is because there is no wrong answers.

Art is all about portraying things how you see them, or how you want others to see them. So, in my world of painting "master pieces", everything is beautiful and everyone has smiles on their faces. There are no liars, murderers or cheaters; there is no cancer, fake people, poverty, hatred, jealousy, and everything that else that sucks in the world.

I decided that I wanted my life to have a lot more love and happiness in it too; although I don't have the power to eliminate cancer or murderers, I can eliminate fake people, jealous people, hateful people, cheaters, liars, and people that don't care about anything I have going for myself (or the ones I love).

Life is short, so being productive everyday, and making sure you rid your life of as much crappy stuff as possible is important to do; as it determines how you view the world, and even how you view yourself. Doing this is how to be the happiest you can be. Who wouldn't want that? The one thing I did find out is: Life is what you make of it. If you make excuses, and let things like fear, excuses, and negativity get in the way of you accomplishing your goals and dreams; then that is no one's fault, but your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment