Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years Resolutions And A New, Clean, Recipe To Start Off 2012!

Happy 2012!!

After thinking long and hard about what my resolution should be, I realized it was super hard these past two years to decide on one, due to the amount of things I am pursuing all throughout the year.

 Finally I decided that this year..... I would use more coupons!
I decided recently to add to my resolution of using coupons, by extending that to be coupons AND sales items. Meaning I can't get it anything at full price!! Also meaning I won't be going to Coach anytime soon! LOL! Maybe Coach outlet though!!

I have also been really good about trying to pack a lunch everyday! So far so good!!

The economy may be bad, but I'm gonna save money where I can!!


Here's a new recipe I tried today! If you like portabella mushrooms you will enjoy!! It's a very clean meal and that is why I loved it so much! Very flavorful too!


2 Portabella Mushrooms (caps)
                                                              
                                                          1/4 small sweet onion
                                                           
                                                          1/4 minced garlic
                                                               
                                                          1 c. spinach chopped
                                                           
                                                          1 tbs. olive oil
                                                               
                                                           3 tbs. water
                                                       
                                                          1/4 c. red wine
                                                           
                                                          3/4 c. bread crumbs

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees (f). Take a frying pan and add olive oil, garlic, onions and spinach. Saute them until onion is translucent. If you had stems of the mushroom or wanted to add some, you can saute that with the vegetables. Once that is done add wine, water and the caps of the mushroom. Fill the mushrooms with the sauteed vegetables and juice. Sprinkle the break crumbs on top (even better onion crumbs). Put in the oven, and cook for 45 mins. or until the mushroom and toppings are browned. Bon a petite.

No comments:

Post a Comment