Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cherry Tomato/Cucumber Salad!! Mmmmm.....

Wow, ever since school is done with for the semester, and I am somewhat settled into our very temporary home; I have been a cooking machine!! Whippin' up new healthy stuff left and right!! The best thing about it, I have someone else to enjoy eating it with finally!

Since my boyfriend refuses to eat anything BUT what a child around the age of 5 eats. LOL! He refuses to try new things.... and veggies.....the thought, and sight of them, make him cringe. It got to the point, I was making two dinners. Then, I put my foot down, and taught him how to make his own hamburger helper. Don't get me wrong, I love him, so in no way am I disrespecting him; but we most definitely have different eating habits.

So, back to what I was saying about having someone to enjoy healthy food with....since it is obviously not A, it's his dad!! He loves all the recipes I make up, and try out. So I hope you do too!!

                                                              Cherry Tomato and Cucumber Salad
         What you need:
  • 1/2c. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4c. white wine vinegar
  • minced garlic
  • 1/2 package of cherry tomatoes chopped in 1/4ths
  • 1 chopped cucumber (1/4 slices)
  • 1 tsp. seasoning salt
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • pepper to taste
  • 1/4 tsp. celery salt   
  • Medium Salad bowl                                                
Add Cucumber and Tomato to Salad bowl. Season with all seasoning. Pour in olive oil and white wine vinegar. Mix together! Amazing!!

Serving size: 1-2

Now the thing with this is, this is only a portion of the real recipe! The real deal is Take a pita shell, fill it with garlic hummus, brown rice, this salad, and grilled chicken!! To die for!! A meal like that can be heavy, so when I want something light and refreshing I just make the salad part and eat it like there is no tomorrow!!



No comments:

Post a Comment