Thursday, May 17, 2012

Garlic Zucchini!

I am not a fan of most stir fry's, or veggie sautes which include zucchini in them. In fact without them... I love sautes. So when the request for Zucchini was mentioned, as a suggestion, for a side dish for dinner the other night; I was really dreading the thought of eating them. It's the one, and only vegetable I really didn't enjoy. So, I decided to try to change my own mind about them about them, and gave them another shot (this time being prepared by me).

Well..... I succeeded! I really liked it!

In this version (below) I didn't include any garlic powder, because I was told it was too garlicy. I liked it, and if you like garlic...add it in.

 What you need:
  • 2 sliced Zucchinis'
  • 1/4 cup of Extra virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/2 tbsp. of minced garlic
  • 1 tbs. of greens seasoning (veggie seasoning)
  • sprinkle with celery salt
  • sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (optional)
  • 4-5 drops of soy sauce
  • 2-3 drops of balsamic vinegar
  • sprinkle lightly with bread crumbs (optional)
Take a medium sized frying pan, with a little bit of olive oil in it. Add Garlic and Zucchini. Saute for 3-5 minutes (just a hint of browning). Then transfer to a baking pan. Add  another 1/4 cup of Olive Oil, Soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. mix around. Add seasoning (greens seasoning and celery salt).  And stir around getting everything mixed in. Add bread crumbs and top with Parmesan cheese.

Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for approximately 15 min. Every oven is different, so just be sure to check on them. Once the bread crumbs and cheese starts browning, it's done.

serves: 1-2













No comments:

Post a Comment