Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Finding Peace And Taking Time To Relax

Some people struggle with ways to keep themselves busy, while others struggle with ways to get all they have to get done, done.

I am one who struggles with getting everything done. It's not because I am unorganized it's because I have a million things going on consistently. I am not complaining either. I like that I am busy. I would rather be out accomplishing my dreams, totally ready for bed at the end of the day, with a happy, accomplished spirit; everyday of my life. So that is what I do.

On the flip side. Having a cram packed schedule, a million appointments, two jobs, homework, the normal daily grind, and a regular workout schedule, can get tiring and stressful. It also makes it very hard to be patient with people that have nothing going on in their life. I have little to no patience for people who take their sweet time, call you constantly, or just have no sense of many things urgency, common sense, common decency, etc.

Recently, I found myself kind of at the point of restlessness. On edge. Waking up in the middle of the night, to add to the to-do list, or write something in my agenda. I realized I needed to relax. I needed to work hard to clear out my schedule, and make time to just not do SO much. I kept the things like my runs in the morning going, which I enjoy so much. I found my new favorite place in town, and on the way found a beautiful bird sanctuary. It's the little things that make me happy!
My new favorite place in town Honey has organic everything including my favorite....coffee!


This year is going to be crazy. I know that. There is no way around it. Between all I have mentioned, along with weddings, baby showers, moving (most likely one more time in the pretty near future)....ya! It's life.

Thankfully I have found peace among the craziness. I am coping with all the change that are going on in my life, and I am doing SO much better than I was in the beginning of April. Lately, I continue to find myself just really appreciating everything that is going on right now.

 If you don't enjoy the NOW, life will just pass you right by. Something I learned is: if you don't enjoy the process, of all of what it takes to get where you want to be in life ("the journey"), then what is the point in working so hard?

I am super thankful for this Summer weather we have been blessed with lately, because I am in love with my morning runs! On that note....I'm going for one right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment